Client Relationship Director (Brand Management)
Management Science Associates, Inc. (MSA) is a diversified information management firm that for the past fifty years has given market leaders the competitive edge in data management, analytics and technology. We are currently seeking an experienced Client Relationship Director to work within our Information Management Solutions Division. This Division provides business insights to major consumer product goods manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers, through an understanding of volumetric, scanner, and consumer behavior data . The successful candidate must be a self-starter with strong understanding of the consumer product goods marketplace.
Oversee the work of Client Relationship staff to provide marketing and sales insights to major consumer goods manufacturers. Manage knowledge and skill development of all team members. Coach and guide Client Relationship Managers in effectively presenting recommendations to clients. Lead the team in learning initiatives focused on improving expertise in demand chain data analysis, operational and strategic decision making.
Inform division leadership of progress on the strategic plan; key wins, challenges, and learnings that can help inform industry best practices and/or innovations.
Monitor the effectiveness of the team’s client-partnership initiatives and provide coaching and support, particularly to Client Relationship Managers, to help them develop their knowledge and expertise in the use of data to make informed decisions, and in having discussions with clients on strategies and tactics for improved efficiency and profitable growth.
Initiate regular contact with individuals in key roles who are current users; building strong support among existing users to build “champions” within the organization who can help the company extend its services to other parts of the client company.
Lead and co-deliver presentations to propose expanded services/products to clients. Will collaborate with Client Relationship Managers in adjusting strategy and tactics, if necessary, following unsuccessful attempts to grow the business.
Identify new client prospects and cultivate relationships that can lead to new business. Introduce potential customers to organization’s services in ways that reflect an understanding of the client’s business needs and align with and facilitate the achievement of client goals.
Engage in problem solving, both internally and externally, in order to navigate projects through uncertainty, ambiguity and changing requirements. Collaborate across many functional areas to solve problems and, if possible, take steps to prevent the problem from recurring.
Responsible for succession planning, resource development and professional development. Performing individual development plans and aligning cascaded goals to staff. Identification and development of high performing employees and future leaders.
Establish a strong relationship within the organization as well as externally. Advance the image and reputation of our organization with clients and throughtout the industry.
Write and review proposals and present to customers to grow and expand the company's presence in client's operations. Negotiate multi-year contracts and master service agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or related discipline, or equivalent experience. MBA or relevant master's degree may substitute for up to two years of related experience
- Minimum ten years of related experience managing client relationships and developing seasoned client interaction skills. Must have an established record of client satisfaction with data/information based deliverables and successful, sustained experience as a team leader and manager, with forming revenue-producing relationships with client contacts in the higher levels of the client’s sales and marketing operations.
- Proactive and positive attitude with diplomacy; willingness to take responsibility; high degree of flexibility, motivation and drive
- Must be able to effectively develop and implement strategies to meet the division's client delivery goals and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to relate to clients across all phases of the client life-cycle
- Must be able to work with teams in a collaborative format and develop objectives
- Significant consumer product goods and distribution channel industry knowledge and technical experience to identify and implement process improvement
- Understand/analyze multiple facets of complex issues and make informed decisions quickly and set direction and priority
- Advanced MS Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Explorer and MS Outlook calendar and email
- Develop proficient knowledge of all divisional core products and portfolio offerings; become an expert at understanidng the value each offering will deliver to our clients
- Must maintain solid knowledge of division innovations and have the ability to present these innovations to the client in a compelling, benefit-driven manner
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to handle complex issues and manage risk
- Must be able to communicate insights to clients in a way to make it easy for them to recognize value and the return on their investment, and generate actionable recommendations
- Skill and expertise in developing both division and client specific strategic plans
- Ability to build new business with both current clients and new prospects
- Must be able to drive innovation by promoting internal process efficiencies and new approaches to serving clients
- Must be able to promote strategic focus throughout division and support effective internal communication
- Ability to work effectively with multiple high profile clients and expand the company’s presence within the client organization
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations in small and large client meetings
- Ability to understand and resolve complex client issues while maintaining relationships
- Must be able to effectively implement strategies to meet internal and client goals
- Must be a self- starter, flexible and highly detail oriented
- Must be motivated and driven to succeed within the organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to identify new developments within the client’s business and industry that might present business opportunities for the company
- Ability to advise members of the client relationship organization on the use of data to make informed decisions and provide insights
- Ability to develop and manage client relationship staff; identify succession plans within division; mentor high performing employees
- Ability to provide recommendations for technical or product direction through research, client interaction and an understanding of technology
- Adherence to, and demonstration of, organization and division core values
Please apply directly at: