Get new similar jobs by email for
Clinical Nurse Educator - Wash...
Ikaria is a fully-integrated biotherapeutics company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics and interventions designed to meet the significant unmet needs of critically ill patients.
This territory includes DC, Norfolk, VA and Raleigh, NC.
The NNP Nurse Educator will function as the secondary customer contact for demand creation and as a trusted critical care advisor within assigned hospitals. Acting as a multi-disciplinary liaison and educator between nurses, NNPs, MDs, RTs and Administrators. Purpose is to improve the understanding of the drug's overall value as part of Ikaria's comprehensive offerings including devices, distribution/services and 24/7 scientific and technical expertise; will achieve or exceed MBO objectives. Primary customers include NNP's, physicians, RT's, nurses, various other hospital personnel.
* Create and retain a close working relationship with NNPs in target accounts.
* Meeting assigned In-servicing targeted departments requirements
including protocol development.
* Coordinating to round with physicians in busy units to assess the range of utilization of iNO and influence prescribing habits.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with appropriate Ikaria network including, CCBM's, Customer Service, MSL,s, Clinical Specialists, Marketing Liaison to Marketing with NNP and NICU RN groups and Continuing Education for current CCBM's.
* Managing operational aspects of field business including territory business planning, pre-call planning, paperwork
Education: Nursing BS degree or equivalent, NP or PA NICU experience is a plus
Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years documented hospital interaction experience. Preferences include hospital and/or pharmaceutical education/sales experience and professional accreditation.
Knowledge: Nursing experience in the Critical Care setting. Additional understanding of Respiratory, Hepatic and Nephrology areas is a plus. High degree of professional and industry knowledge
Demonstrated integrity, strong work ethic and full compliance to all company policies and procedures Knowledge of the hospital market place
Special Skills: Excellent planning and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
Abilities: Strong business acumen. * Sales ability/persuasiveness Strong degree of initiative, adaptability and customer focus. Able to travel as required. Ability to pass a background check including DMV, criminal, drug, and education verification
Certifications/Licenses: Valid Driver's License required; required to pass product training testing.
Ikaria is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or membership in any other class protected by applicable federal, state, local or foreign anti-discrimination laws.