Get new similar jobs by email for
Clinical Operations Manager
Responsible for overseeing the clinical operations of the various provider and multi-specialty medical offices. Develops policies and procedures, and/or programs and processes to improve or enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the overall clinical operation. Provides training to various levels of staff on general day-to-day clinical operations including technical training on electronic medical records systems (EMR).
This position reports to the Director of Practice Management and indirectly to the Chief Information Officer. This position may have direct supervisory responsibility over the Practice Coordinators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Graduation from an accredited licensed vocational nursing or medical assisting program; Degree in a clinical field (e.g. nursing, medicine, pharmacy) highly preferred.
2. Five or more years’ experience working in a clinical environment, preferably a provider office or multi-specialty medical group.
3. Two or more years of supervisory experience.
4. Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems; NextGen is preferred.
5. Coursework or background in quality management and clinical outcomes measurement
6. Prior training and experience utilizing process improvement principals for clinical quality improvement, which focuses on streamlining and refining specific work process, preferred.
7. Experience may be considered to meet the educational requirements.
8. Must have valid California drivers’ license and clean DMV record.
9. High school diploma or equivalent required
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated management and leadership experience in planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and evaluating day-to-day clinical operations.
2. Extensive experience in medical back office setting with physicians, nurses, and patients.
3. Working knowledge of professional coding, billing, collections and appropriate clinical documentation for billing purposes.
4. Working knowledge of various types of third party payers (PPO, POS, managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, pre-authorization, pre-certification, workmen's comp, etc.)
5. Ability to consolidate information from many different sources utilizing manual and automated clinical and financial systems.
6. Knowledge of health care regulations, accreditation, and licensing requirements.
For additional information regarding our organization and specific job requirements, please visit our website: www.managedcaresystems.com