Select Portfolio Servicing, a Credit Suisse company, is an industry leader in residential mortgage loan servicing with a portfolio of over 300,000 national loans. Our commitment to compliance, excellent customer service and effective investor relations has positioned us for continued success.
Our Loss Mitigation team specializes in the servicing and resolution of distressed and non-performing residential mortgage loans. Our expertise in working with customers to maintain homeownership sets us apart from the competition, now more than ever.
Collection Representative II We are currently seeking qualified Mortgage Loan Servicing Representatives to negotiate and structure payment work out programs and assist customers in the liquidation of property to minimize losses and maximize cash recovery for the Company and investors. Qualified candidates must possess excellent communications skills with the confidence to persuade and negotiate.
1. Work with borrowers, real estate agents, attorneys, agencies, and realtors to determine workout options. Including: loan modifications, pre-foreclosure sales, deeds in lieu, repayment plans, and forbearance agreements.2. Independently interpret and apply mortgage collection and servicing guidelines to the collection of delinquent mortgage loans.
3. Review home owners’ income and expenses, and analyze the workout options available to the home owner, based on investor guidelines.
4. Implement rules, regulations, laws and methods of collection
5. Adhere to all corporate policies as well as internal and external and compliance guidelines.
6. Maintain a high degree of customer contact, through inbound and outbound customer calls
1. Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication English and Spanish, effective listening, problem solving and negotiating required.
2. Excellent customer service and/or sales skills, preferably in a call center environment, and effective negotiators with an interest in the finance and mortgage industries.
3. Financial services industry experience is preferred.
4. Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
5. The ability to thoroughly and efficiently document customer contact notes.
SPS offers a competitive benefits package with a variety of elements including paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) plan including a company match. Listed below are highlights of the benefits package.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Eight Paid Annual Holidays
Medical, Dental and Vision
401(k) Retirement Plan
Heath Savings/Flexible Spending Accounts
Life and AD&D Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.