Maintains environmental conditions by installing and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment; maintaining records as well as any other jobs required by a Design Build Mechanical Contractor.
Duties: (includes but not limited to)
* Start up and test newly installed HVAC equipment.
* Troubleshoot existing HVAC equipment (hydronic heatpumps, geothermal, boilers, chillers, VAV etc.).
* Organizes work by studying work orders, diagrams, specifications, drawings, and blueprints; gathering required materials.
* Establishes environmental systems by mounting, installing, fabricating, or connecting compressors, condensers, evaporators, motors, expansion and discharge values, motors, temperature and humidity controls, fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, and related components; completes power connections.
* Tests and repairs environmental systems by operating the systems; identifying malfunctions; repairing or replacing sealants, parts, and components.
* Keeps tools and equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Documents actions by completing equipment records.
* Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
HVAC Systems, Equipment Maintenance, Basic Safety, Documentation Skills, Conceptual Skills, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Lifting, Job Knowledge, Productivity