Get new similar jobs by email for
Summary: Responsible for analyzing creditworthiness of borrowers and credit structure and preparingcredit portion of loan presentations for approval purposes. Additionally, promotes financial institution and its lending services to the community and helps to identify and serve the community’s financial needs by participating in community activities.
This position plays an integral role on the Commercial Banking Relationship Team. The individual will work directly with Bankers, Credit Officers, and other Underwriters to analyze new commercial credit opportunities, underwrite new or renewed credit exposure, and support management of the loan portfolio. The successful candidate may attend client and prospect meetings, gather information and perform research in order to identify, quantify, and mitigate underwriting risk inherent in a commercial lending function. The candidate may be expected to develop strong working relationships with client management, internal teammates, credit officers, and other bankers.
Specific Job Functions:
· Analyzes individual company performance and the impact of industry and competitive dynamics and macroeconomic events on the creditworthiness of clients and prospects
· Provides in-depth analysis of financial statements, projections and business plans
· Makes recommendations for changes to loan structure or presentation, as needed.
· Completes in-depth loan approval documents for new loans, amendments, and renewals.
· Determines the appropriate risk rating for a company.
· Completes ongoing periodic credit servicing of loans within the portfolio including obtaining and analyzing financial statements, compliance certificates, and borrowing bases
· Ensures compliance with internal bank credit policy and external regulatory requirements
· Mentors junior members of the Underwriting team
· Provides support for the Bank’s sales efforts which may include selling and promoting Bank’s services, as opportunities arise.
· Participates in the financial institution’s community activities.
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with a minimum GPA of 2.8.
· Two - Five years of commercial credit underwriting and/or portfolio management experience.
· A high school diploma or GED and 8 years of related commercial banking experience may also qualify
· Strong financial and analytical skills.
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers about the financial institution’s loan programs and policies.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Harland’s Financial Analyzer and Credit Manager, preferred.