VNA Private Care
Position Title: HHA/CNA Dept: VNA Private Care
Reports To: Clinical Manager Grade: PC
Supervise: N/A Job Code:
Purpose of Position: Performs various personal care and support services to meet client's needs under the supervision of the Clinical Manager. Responsible for observing clients, reporting and recording these observations and documenting the services provided.
· Oral Care/care of dentures
· Dressing and undressing clients
· Toileting activities
· Keeping the client's living area clean and orderly as appropriate, including disposing of trash at end of shift
· Assists in feeding the client, if necessary
· May drive client’s vehicle or personal vehicle (if approved)
· Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as ordered (within the training limitations of the HHA/CNA).
· Changing bed linens, towels, etc.
· Washing/drying client’s clothing
8. Assures safety of client and uses equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, restraints, etc.)
10. Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies and procedures of the Agency and other regulators.
· Attends departmental meetings
· Participates in activities that enhance self-competence and the agency’s performance
Educational/Professional Requirements: Must be 18 years of age or older and have successfully completed the required training program and competency tests. Must have a working knowledge of the English language and possess the ability to read, write and speak the language. Ability to record messages, keep simple medical records and follow specific instructions. In order to arrive to work as scheduled, must have a reliable method of transportation. Must be flexible, cooperative, self-directed and have the ability to work with little supervision.
3. Sitting; 4. Lifting (0-100lbs); 5. Carrying; 10. Stooping; 14. Reaching; 15. Handling; 16. Fingering;
18. Talking; 19. Hearing; 21. Near acuity; 22. Far acuity; 25. Color vision;
27. Coordination of eye / hand / foot controls.
(Department Head) (Date)
(Vice President) (Date)
(Director of Human Resources) (Date)