The Configuration Analyst I position is a senior level position which requires strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as solid industry knowledge and sufficient system testing and configuration experience. .
· Bachelor’s degree, and/or 5+ years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management or clinical discipline
· Has a working knowledge of system development life cycle processes
· Experience in identifying solutions to resolve design issues and to effectively communicate these solutions to the project manager/supervisor
· Experience in translating the results of design sessions into configuration requirements
· Exceptional ability to identify and track issues and drive them to a conclusion
· Experience producing project artifacts to include status reports, business requirements, non-technical design documents, etc.
· Experience in user acceptance testing based on business and configuration requirements.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and to interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with accurate resource and time estimates
· Confident team builder and leader with strong motivational skills. Adept in problem solving and resolving conflict
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Able to facilitate meetings and workgroups, as required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook.
· Clinical, Healthcare, operational and technology experience preferred
· 10+ years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management or clinical discipline
· 7+ years of analysis experience in Healthcare Industry
· Minimum 5 years of testing and configuration experience
· Strong understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: member benefits, provider contracts, claim pricing, clinical review/authorizations
· Proficient in MS Project
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following items:
· Work with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate business requirements and scope of project.
· Work with project stakeholders to translate their requirements into specifications technical staff can understand and also translate questions that technical staff has into a format the stakeholders can understand.
· Work with stakeholders to validate their requirements.
· Write use cases as part of the requirements document.
· Unit tests upon development to ensure requirements have been met.
· Identify potential areas of automation and aid in re-engineering the underlying business processes.
· Responsible for coordination of production turnover of all configuration work upon user sign off.
· Work with business areas to understand and implement all contract configurations and benefit configurations.
· Develop test cases and documentation to support configuration changes/updates/additions.
· Set up test environment and prioritize testing.
· Responsible for configuration unit testing.
· Perform root cause analysis and issue resolution (support tickets).
· Execute and track test cases and documentation to support configuration changes/updates/additions.
· Execute and track test cases and documentation to support software implementations.
· Responsible for configuration, interface and application testing.
· Responsible for User Acceptance testing and implementation support.
· Develop and maintain standards for development of business processes and their documentation.
· Develop and maintain standards for development of business cases and their documentation.
· Customer focused.
· Coordinate multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives.
· As required, facilitates and leads meetings and selected workgroups.
· Other duties as assigned.