Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
* Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
reviewing specifications and drawings to determine the content to estimate
preparing cost estimates by calculating take off
create detailed cost estimate base on project scope
prepare scope of work for sub-contractors
negotiate prices with vendors/sub-contractors using quotations for materials /services
cordinate with the Owners, project managers and supevisors to provide engineering and cost data
prepare change orders
maintain all files of all working documents as back up for estimating data base