Get new similar jobs by email for
SMALL PROJECTS SUPERVISOR
Tired of going it alone??
We’re a small but busy residential remodeling company in Intown Atlanta and are seeking a key individual to oversee our smaller residential remodeling projects (bathrooms/kitchens/basements/ handyman work/etc.).
Personal qualities should include:
(1) Ability to estimate and sell smaller projects
(2) Aptitude with computers - specifically Excel and Word
(3) Communication skills for direct contact with clients (either in person or via email) in a residential remodeling environment (not new construction or commercial).
(4) Ability to produce smaller projects start to finish (kitchens, bathrooms, handyman lists, etc.)
(5) Technical skills (carpentry/light mechanical/drywall repair/painting) to assist with “end of job” punch-out (if necessary)
(6) Field-tested knowledge of foundations, framing, mechanicals and exterior/interior trim
(7) Ability to do detailed materials take-offs
(8) Desire to work within a team concept (no “lone rangers” wanted)
(9) Also must possess: truck/tools, attention to detail, great attitude, responsible behavior, and the ability to work well alone as well as with others. Being a non-smoker would be a plus but not a prerequisite.
In short, we’re looking for a special individual with a unique blend of skills and experience. Perfect for someone who’s had a go at your own business and found “doing it all” - wearing a tool belt, managing subs, sales calls, estimating, accounting, collections - to be more than you bargained for.
Hourly rate/salary negotiable based on employment history/talent/ attitude/potential (we’re prepared to pay up a $1000 per week after an initial training period). Gas reimbursement/phone allowance after 30 days. Performance bonuses available (at owner’s discretion) and eligible at 90 days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: this person has to hit the ground running so we’re not interested if you have some but not all of what we’re looking for. For example: you’ve been a supervisor for a new home builder or commercial contractor but have never worked in residential remodeling. Or you’ve got great technical skills but haven’t managed subcontractors before or don’t like to sell. You might be a great candidate for others, but not us.
We’re very busy so please respond only if you fit the bill. If you think you’re a match, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why we should consider you along with a resume. Thanks for your interest.