Software Engineer in San Ramon, CA
Zenex Partners........ Founded in 2003, Zenex Partners is a full service Staffing firm, placing temp and fulltime talents all over US.
Area of Specialization: Technology, Accounting, Administrative.
Philosophy: Standing on the Zen principles, Good Karma and Win-Win partnership we believe that Employees are True Assets and Clients are partners.
Awards/Recognition: Best of Staffing Client Inavero, 2011; Best of Local Business, Santa Clara 2011, 2012; Certified WBENC
About the Client:Our Client is one of the country’s leading providers of integrated public safety solutions. Serving some of the largest most complex agencies in the world, the company has developed, implemented, and supported automated information solutions for the public safety community continuously since 1980.Our Client delivers computer aided dispatch, mobility, records management and corrections management solutions built to meet the rigorous demands of state, local and federal law enforcement, fire & rescue and corrections agencies. Headquartered in San Ramon the client has multiple offices all over US.
Testimonial of our employee at Client
"I was one of those hesitant people when it comes to working with recruitment agencies. Friendly and knowledgeable, Prachi Pandey immediately presented to me several jobs matching my skills. In a week, I joined a team of real professionals at a powerful company. I would kindly recommend Zenex Partners to anyone looking for a good IT job."
Our Relationship with Client:
Zenex Partners is the primary vendor at the client site. We have been successful in placing close to 100 plus Fulltime employees in a span of 5 years. We work as their extended HR Team.
In search for.......Software Engineer
The Software Engineer (Records)is integral member of the company Application Support Center (TASC) Engineering Team, works as a member of a maintenance team, which is responsible for maintenance of baseline LawRECORDS, JailRECORDS and CourtRECORDS products and interfaces.
Minimum Skills Required for this job are COBOL, C/C++, Unix or Windows, MS office..Are you a Software Engineer or Software Developer with experience in COBOL, C/C++, Unix or Windows, MS office? If so, then read on, this job would be of interest...
- Program in COBOL and C/C++.
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio in a Team Foundation System Development Environment
- Work with the customer and/or others to gather additional information needed to accurately diagnose and/or reproduce the reported issue.
- Perform necessary research and investigation to identify appropriate fix or solution to the customer’s issue or inquiry. If a permanent fix is not available, identify workarounds when appropriate and communicate the interim solution to the customer.
- Interact with development engineering teams to ensure that all information is gathered and relayed in a timely fashion, in response to the client’s issue.
- Deliver single solutions for both a Windows and Unix AIX platform
- Work with team members and Team Lead.
- Handle multiple task responsibilities at the same time.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Provide explanations, answers, and resolutions to customers prior to closing cases.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems and software and system difficulties independently.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information related to assigned cases in the Company’s CRM tool.
- Support responsibilities include after hours on call support on a rotation basis, as assigned. This requires computer access, internet and telephone access while on call, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision.
- BA/BS degree in Mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role, with 2+ years in a technical support environment supporting enterprise environments and software applications, or equivalent.
- Programming experience in COBOL, C/C++.
- Experience with SQL statements in Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Programming in UNIX and/or Windows environments.
- Must possess superior client service skills with proven ability to positively impact customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, handle multiple clients and issues simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, and function efficiently as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results.
- Ability to interact successfully with both technical and non-technical customers
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Working knowledge of basic software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Benefits working with our client:
Client is happy to offer candidates comprehensive benefits program that includes: *
Clicking Apply is the preferred way to apply for this job but you can also email your resume in to email@example.com
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life for Employee and Dependents
- 401 Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Development Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Transportation Spending Account
Please give us a chance to help you grow and succeed.
Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
The Difference is You!