Due to recent organizational changes, we need to fill two Maintenance Machinist positions for our Central Machine Shop operations. We are looking for candidates with journey level knowledge and skill, and 5+ years’ experience as a conventional machinist in a maintenance or job shop/industrial environment. Related Armed Service’s experience is acceptable. Valid driver’s license and a high school diploma or equivalent is required. AS/AA Degree in Machining Technology, NMTA Certification and/or AWS D1.1 Certification are a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Set up and operate lathes up to 4’ diameter chucks and 30’ beds; boring mills to 6” spindles, vertical turret lathes to 6’ diameter, 300 ton press to disassemble or assemble or repair parts for our operations.
- Operate machine shop equipment to achieve close tolerances whether for creating new or modified mechanical parts and devices.
- Work safely by following all SWPs; such as LOTO, maintaining a clean, organized work area and following all company safety procedures.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers to check tolerances and to ensure the finished product meets the specifications called out in blueprints, drawings, work orders or samples.
- Analyze, lay-out and plan jobs; including obtaining diagrams, tools, spare parts and supplies.
- Consult drawings and specifications to determine procedures used for repairs.
- Tear down, rebuild and assemble large machinery such as gearboxes, pumps, cylinders and motors.
- Utilize cranes, jacks, wedges, cables, rope and chain blocks, etc. for lifting heavy parts and operate mobile equipment as required.
- Clean, paint, lubricate parts and equipment.
- Perform nondestructive testing.
- Perform gas & electric welding, cutting and machining duties as necessary to repair equipment.
- Fill out forms and reports pertaining to inspection and repair of equipment.
- Comprehend and implement daily job assignments from the leader or work orders.
- Work cooperatively with other maintenance crews, management and vendors.
If you are looking for a great company with a comprehensive benefits package and a starting wage of $28.71/hour (top rate of $33.43/hour), visit www.californiasteel.com for more information about us. To submit your resume, select the “Apply” button below.