We are looking for well-qualified candidates to add to our editing/proofing team.
Well-qualified candidates will:
- Be able to think critically about every aspect of a document, from punctuation and word choice to discerning the author’s meaning and ensuring it comes through clearly and efficiently;
- Be able to approach a document with humility;
- Have a solid grasp of punctuation, spelling and grammar, which we take also to mean recognizing the importance of continually looking up rules to verify them;
- Be flexible and reliable;
- Be open to receiving feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow;
- Have varied editing experience;
- Be available to work full-time;
- Be able to organize his/her time and environment to work diligently and effectively; and
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an above-average college or university.
If you believe you meet the above description, do the following to ensure your application receives our attention:
- Familiarize yourself with all aspects of our work by reviewing our website at www.DLAEditors.com ; then
- Write a cover letter and send it with your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we appreciate most in the cover letter are candidates who present themselves in a clear, straightforward manner. They avoid making statements about their great proofreading abilities or how the job, which they have yet to experience, would be a great match for them.
Work is distributed and returned via the internet. Payment is a fixed fee on a per-project basis.