GateHouse Media Central Cesk Copy Editor/Page Designer (Part-Time)
based in Framingham, MA
GateHouse Media is looking to add to its team of qualified professionals a number of part-time copy editors/page designers who cannot only clean up copy and sharpen a headline but also layout and produce attractive and compelling newspaper pages for local weekly newspapers across the country. The Design House is conveniently located in Framingham, MA.
There are a variety of positions and shifts available for qualified candidates who are looking for flexibility and part-time hours to meet the needs of their busy schedules. This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates, stay at home parents, or anyone looking for flexible work hours to earn some extra cash in a rewarding, fast-paced environment.
The Copy Editor/Page Designer’s duties include:
• Provide a final read of all copy submitted for a variety of publications produced by the news desks.
• Using page design software and a centralized front-end system, lay out a steady stream of news pages, from beginning to end.
• Publish final news stories to appropriate news websites, following GateHouse’s content strategy.
• Work with local editors across the country to continually improve the look and content of our newspapers.
The Copy Editor/Page Designer must:
• Be a true multi-tasker, able to handle curveballs on hard deadlines.
• Be a team player, able to interact with and juggle tasks with dozens of colleagues.
• Have proven line copy-editing skills and be versed in AP style.
• Have experience with page layout software, preferably Adobe InDesign.
• Have experience with Web publishing.
• Have a few years experience with copy editing and page layout.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to: http://www.gatehousemedia.com/careers/design-team
An Equal Opportunity Employer