Do you enjoy a fast paced sales environment? Are you motivated by money and do you like the idea of uncapped commissions? Do you like to challenge yourself to achieve new goals every day? Do you like to be appreciated for your ability to provide helpful, quality service and sales while enhancing the customer's experience? Do you have the ability to handle difficult situations?
If this is you, then the Counter Sales Representative position is for you!
The Counter Sales Representative is an essential member of the airport location team and is the brand ambassador, providing the fastest, easiest, and most valued experience to our customers. This team member provides attentive, courteous service to understand the customer’s travel needs, promote Hertz’s products and services and resolve issues.
Top full time Counter Sales Representatives in the SEATAC location have the opportunity to earn $75,000 or more annually!
We offer excellent training programs for newly hired employees and support them along their way to success.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Provide world class customer service by managing the rentals and returns process, in compliance with Hertz’s policies and procedures
- Personally welcome customers using with a pleasant greeting, assist in answering questions in a friendly manner
- Resolve customer issues and concerns professionally using effective customer service techniques
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products and services to enhance customer’s travel experience
- Emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core products such as, but limited to, options to waive customer’s responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Answer telephone calls in a timely manner in accordance with best practices and policy standards.
- Liaise with various Hertz departments
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the team
- Answer questions and provide directions in a courteous and expeditious manner.
- Qualify and process customer rentals with accuracy and attention to detail
- Accurately record the customer’s information to complete the rental record and maintain all paperwork associated with the rental
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class customer service in accordance with established guidelines
- Drive continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve operational performance and customer satisfaction
- Keep work area organized and free of clutter
High School Diploma or equivalent
A minimum of one year of sales or customer experience in a high volume or service oriented environment
Passion for customer service and attention to detail – Goes the extra mile
Proven strong sales and closing skills and the ability to friendly, engaging manner
Motivated to achieve and exceed targeted goals
Strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
Proficiency in English
Must be able to:
- Good communication skills both written and oral. Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Work in a fast pacedenvironment with a variety of tasks. Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrate professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience of working well within a team.
- 100% customer focus, with proven experience within a customer facing environment
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions
- Stand for long periods of time
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.