Get new similar jobs by email for
Customer Service Representativ...
Customer Service Representative- Full-Time
When you join The Robert Allen Group, the nation’s leading designer, marketer and distributor of designer fabrics and home furnishings, you join a growing, successful company known for its vision, style, creativity and commitment to quality.
Join our dedicated Customer Service team in the Contract Services department and use your strong customer service skills. The qualified candidate will be responsible for processing orders for merchandise, answering questions, and providing accurate information and courteous customer service responses to internal and external customers via telephone, fax, or e-mail within expected time standards.
Essential Job Functions:
· Processes orders according to established department policies and procedures.
· Quotes pricing and stock status on product to customers and sales representatives.
· Calculates discounts taken from the wholesale price and mark-up percentages for sales representatives.
· Advises customers and sales representatives on status of orders.
· Quotes product specifications.
· Processes and sends customer flame retardancy certificates as requested.
· Reviews accounts receivable files and quotes status on checks received, balances and charge back status.
· Directs calls from potential customers to appropriate department personnel.
· Communicates status of product and offers alternative product if necessary.
· Expedites the delivery of backordered product.
· Checks priority orders for credit release and ensures order is cut and shipped by deadline.
· Researches, up-dates, and completes weekly reports.
· Updates computer and customers/sales representatives of delays or changes.
· Receives and researches quality claims.
· Calls carrier of shipment for proof of delivery or tracing status on delayed or lost shipments.
· Researches and initiates pick-up or return authorization of fabric to traffic department.
· Researches, issues, and processes credits.
· Researches, follows-up and completes problem code reports for unresolved credit issues.
· Serves as liaison between the customer and various departments.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent; 2-3 years Customer Service experience required. Excellent computer keyboarding skills with the ability to touch type; good telephone manner, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal/external customers; strong spelling and math ability is required; must be customer oriented and have excellent attention to detail; must be able to listen attentively and work well under pressure; must be able to organize and handle multiple tasks. Experience with AS400, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer a competitive salary plus Medical, Dental, Flex Spending, 401k plan as well as paid vacation. Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org