Job Title: Customs & Trade Manager
Job ID: 100534
Location: NC - Lumberton
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
ORGANIZATION MARKETING STATEMENT
Quickie Manufacturing Corporation (Quickie), a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE:JAH), was founded in 1919 and is a leading supplier and distributor of innovative cleaning tools and supplies. Headquartered in Cinnaminson, New Jersey, with manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Texas and Mexico, Quickie designs, manufactures and distributes over 300 cleaning products for traditional in-home use as well as commercial, contractor-grade applications. This includes mops, brooms, dusters, dust pans, brushes, buckets and other supplies sold primarily under the leading brands Quickie Original®, Quickie Home-Pro®, Quickie Professional®, Quickie Microban, Quickie Green Cleaning®, and Lysol. Quickie has over 100 product-related patents containing value-added features and innovative designs, and is the leader in almost every stick and smallware category in cleaning.
· Manage all regulatory compliance aspects of the import and export functions, including classification, valuation, reconciliation, marking and preferential tariff programs
· Oversee Importer Security Filing (ISF) program for import entries
· Apply and utilize general rules of interpretation in order to classify imported merchandise
· Administer import training programs to associates and maintain/develop documentation for policies and procedures
· Interface with CBP & Customs Brokers, respond to all inquiries
· Monitor regulatory and legislative changes, collect and analyze compliance Key Performance Indicators, and report regularly to upper management
· Lead the Executive Customs Compliance Committee, participate on the Jarden Customs & Trade Council
· Develop and implement continuing improvements that promote cost-effective trade compliance initiatives
· Identify, develop and implement business process improvements as they relate to international trade compliance
· Perform compliance audits and identify areas of trade compliance risk
· Implement and manage all CBP programs, including Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and ISA (Importer Self-Assessment)
· Lead and/or participate in projects requiring import functional expertise as well as manage export compliance requirements
· Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy condition on company property to achieve the best working environment possible for all employees and visitors
· Performs duties in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Maintains regular and predictable attendance
· Performs other assignments as requested or as business needs require
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's Degree and/or 5-10 years related experience including US Customs brokerage and/or importer compliance management
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Working knowledge, but not required, of JDEdwards, HighJump
· Brokerage License preferred
· Focused Assessment and/or ISA experience a plus
Must be fluent in English with the ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals. Must be able to write routine reports and simple correspondence and to speak effectively with other employees, vendors, and customers. Multi-lingual would be a plus but not necessary.
Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers including decimals and fractions when checking reports, forms, records and comparable data where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, walk, hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop and bend. The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office environment
Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures
Personal Protective Equipment
Safety glasses must be worn when entering the warehouse and manufacturing areas
General Safety training
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)