Get new similar jobs by email for
DR IT ENTERPRISE SECURITY - pa...
Core Job Responsibilities Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Establish the Center for Information Security with the above scope of Enterprise Information Security capabilities. Build the Center of Information Security function that has security policies and a standards model which is centralized and leverages a federated posture across other functions and geographies.
2. Develop the enterprise security architecture to ensure that enterprise risks are appropriately addressed and solutions and procedures are easily adopted by the enterprise. Establish a long range security plan. Incorporate emerging healthcare/consumer and technology industry standards and technologies.
3. Plan and direct the development, maintenance and communication of information security policies, standards and procedures, including mandatory requirements, to support consistent and effective implementation of information protection across the organization. Responsible for compliance with Abbott policies and procedures.
4. Identify, evaluate, select, and deploy IT security technologies and systems to provide reliable and cost effective information protection solutions that meet defined business requirements (i.e. regulatory, industry and audit) across the enterprise.
5. Continually monitor and measure all security aspects of the IT environment, providing senior IT and executive business management visibility to vulnerabilities, threats, and impacts that could threaten our business. Develop and action appropriate proactive mitigation plans and reactive crisis plans to remediate threats.
6. Provide strategy and guidance for security access administration to control, secure and certify access to Abbott data assets for computer platforms, infrastructure and applications.
7. Develop governance comprised of business and IT executives responsible for the enterprise risk management strategy to include Legal, HR, Public Affairs, Global Security and business functional representatives. Coordinate executive management, Board of Director and Audit Committee updates with this governance team.
8. Lead the resolution process of high risk security and privacy issues with IT and business SMEs and leaders, external security technology and service providers, and third party business partners. Satisfactorily resolve the risks and ensure risks are minimized, mitigated or eliminated.
9. Facilitates internal Abbott activities pertaining to the investigation, correction, prosecution, and disciplinary action needed for the resolution of information security breaches, violations, and incidents.
10. Ensure that Security strategy is in alignment with Abbott's IT strategy and supports Abbott’s strategic business imperatives.
11. Build and maintain relationships with external security firms, healthcare/consumer companies, and potential security solution providers. Represent Abbott on information security related interests at industry security meetings and technical conferences.
Comments Manage an internal organization of approximately 8 – 10 people including 3 – 5 managers/senior managers based in the US and other international regions.
Manage an external/sourced operation through partner firms of approximately 30 people.
Position Accountability / Scope
This position reports to the Divisional Vice President, IT Business Operations, Quality and Regulatory.
Primary internal and external relationships include the following:
Minimum Experience / Training Required