Remilon is a web media company on a mission to make education accessible to everyone through technology innovation. We are a highly profitable, financially stable company looking to expand our team. We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of Downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the CalTrain Station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves a part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we post record profits, we give back by funding a scholarship program and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Technical Data Analyst Position
As a technology leader, we have high-traffic websites and store massive amounts of data that we need to slice and dice every day. We are looking for a Technical Data Analyst that will be part of a growing, world-class team supporting our account management and site optimization groups. You will be a key resource for analytic best practices within Remilon and for analyzing and querying data in a fast-paced Internet business environment.
You must be passionate about digging into data and understanding the stories the data are telling. You will be equally passionate about helping others solve problems, gain insights, and make decisions using data.
- Learn the structure of Remilon’s data and the metrics that drive the business
- Perform ad hoc analyses and data extraction requests
- Extract insights from data to improve the efficiency of our sites and our advertisement system
- Actively build processes and tools to make data more accessible
- Drive the monitoring, analysis, and improvement of website and campaign performance
- Work in a cross functional team to implement data-driven plans designed to maximize ROI
- Teach others how to use data effectively
- BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar fields
- Solid experience in Excel for data analysis and visualization
- Excellent programming knowledge in a scripting language such as Groovy, Python, Perl, or in a compiled language such as Java or C++
- Strong knowledge on statistical analysis methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Solid MySQL/SQL experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and passionate
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Reporting and Business Intelligence experience (Tableau, Pentaho, Microstrategy, etc)
- Experience with online direct-response marketing tools
- Experience at an online agency or online marketing services firm a plus
- Use of Confluence or other Wiki for documentation
- Experience with keyword analysis, data mining and data warehousing principles
- Knowledge of web analytics software and best practices
- Hands-on experience with machine learning techniques, such as SVM, decision trees, neural networks, and Collaborative Filtering
- Higher degrees such as Masters or PhD
Why work for Remilon?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 4.5+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive salary and compensation plans
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym membership
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments