Develops and implements state of the art information technology strategies and platforms that meet current and future business needs. Performs all aspects of data and database administration including hardware and software evaluation and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, applications, and technology platforms, security administration, backup and recovery planning, capacity planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards and procedures related to the database environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in developing and implementing databases that addresses current and future business needs
· Assists in developing and implementing complex data models and logical/physical database designs
· Planning and conducting structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance
· Performs routine and customary operational and monitoring activities to ensure the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs
· Plans and executes testing and implementation of new systems
· Evaluates technology and techniques to implement and maintain databases and database environment
· Develops, implements and tests backup and recovery plans
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND SPECIFICATIONS:
· 3-5 years related work experience in Information Systems
· 2-3 years experience with database technology and design
· Knowledge and experience with relational and conventional database technology, data modeling concepts, tools and techniques, and general business operations
· Knowledge and familiarity with front end and query tools, backup and recovery strategies, and performance and tuning techniques
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)