Insure the correct, timely and safe delivery of gas and welding related products to customer/branch locations. Represent the company in a professional manner while interfacing with customers on product, delivery, pricing, or related issues. Compliance with all federal regulations including FDA, DOT, and OSHA.
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Gather and coordinate, on a daily basis, customer billing papers and order requests, including viewing the will call area for all hard goods and delivery call in sheet for all hot shot deliveries.
- Learn and understand both routes to ensure you can do either the in town or out of town and industrial and medical routes with ease. Out of town deliveries can require up to two overnights per week.
- Complete (with plant assistance) the orderly product loading of vehicles which insure the efficient use of time and scheduling of delivery routes.
- Deliver products to customers/branches while abiding by load safety, DOT and general safe driving guidelines.
- Ensure orders are selected each night, and when exceptions occur, handle them immediately.
- Where possible, listen to and resolve customer complaints. When necessary, provide feedback to office regarding customer complaints or issues on pricing, quality, credit, or need for sales representative follow-up.
- Complete routine- scheduled pick-up and unloading of cylinder product empties from customers/branches.
- Maintain the proper cleanliness of assigned vehicles and carefully complete pre and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Follow a routine maintenance program for the trucks to ensure they are taken care of as expected.
- Complete and maintain accurate and legible logs and reports concerning deliveries and vehicle inspections when appropriate.
- Follow all company safety guidelines in conjunction or in addition to all government mandated safety rules and regulations.
- Attend monthly safety meetings, plant and driver meetings as scheduled.
- Act as back up for other company driving positions as CDL endorsements allow.
- Assist with such other duties or responsibilities as may be assigned or required to insure maximum distribution and operations effectiveness and profitability.
- When necessary, assist the plant manager in filling of all high pressure industrial and medical oxygen tanks, as well as all liquid vessels.
- Truck load manifest
- Inspection logs for truck
- Hand generated picking tickets
Internal: Must effectively interface at all levels within the organization and particularly with
branch staff and customer service.
External: Must maintain positive interface with the customer and DOT representatives.
Experience: Minimum of one-year prior over the road driving experience strongly desired.
- Possess appropriate and current CDL driver’s license with necessary endorsements; history of safe driving as exhibited by state MVR reports.
- Must submit to all required DOT testing, including random drug testing, and DOT required physical.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Can be called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Capable of completing basic mathematical calculations and entering correct information on logs and other reports.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize truck loads and delivery schedules.
- Vision correctable to within normal range for vehicle driving and completion of reports.
- Able to move or lift products and materials of varied sizes and weights, sometimes in excess of 300 pounds.
- Capable of working in diverse and often times unpleasant weather and working conditions.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and climbing.
- Must be willing to do overnight travel in E MT and W ND, up to 2 to 3 nights per week.
- Over-the-road delivery trucks and possibly trailers
- Hand Cart
- Various Hand Tools