Get new similar jobs by email for
Delivery Driver Class A
BAY AREA BEVERAGE COMPANY
TITLE: Delivery Driver
REPORTS TO: Delivery Manger
LOCATION: East Bay
STATUS: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Delivery Driver is primarily responsible for delivering, merchandising, and servicing accounts in the assigned route, while maintaining the quality of BABCO products, being responsible for safe truck operation and the return of all monies, unsold product and empties.
As a first point of contact and representative for Bay Area Beverage Company customers, the Delivery Driver is expected to present a well-groomed, neat and professional appearance at all times.
1. Dress and maintain personal appearance in a professional manner by wearing a clean and required uniform(s) daily and by keeping shirt tails tucked in at all times.
2. Conduct all activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures, and within local, state, and federal liquor control regulations.
3. Check truck in morning according to Department OfTransportation (DOT) requirements.
4. Report immediately to the Delivery Manager any necessary repairs or maintenance of your vehicle by properly filling out your post trip inspection reports as part of the check in process.
5. Follow check out procedures in the morning and check in procedures at the end of the day i.e. count the kegs and HSPA pallets to make sure they were accurately pulled each morning before leaving the warehouse. Inspect each load to insure it has been loaded to prevent damage to the product. The driver is responsible for making sure that he or she knows what is on the truck and that gets checked out and in properly.
6. Drive delivery vehicle per the established and assigned route making deliveries in a timely and safe manner.
7. Check in product with Store Manager or Receiver, following store policy.
8. Put away product in backroom or cold-box, rotate stock (by code dates), stock shelves, merchandise products (not required for bulk drivers), and collect a check or money order for all monies due at each stop per company policy.
9. Perform all work activities in accordance with the established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
10. Complete DVCRs daily and adjust invoices and I-packs to reflect actual delivery.
11. Sign the delivery ticket along with the retailer.
12. Complete all the jobs the Delivery Management has outlined
13. Complete all paperwork correctly and follow the proper reporting procedures.
14. Personal use of checks or money orders is prohibited and under no circumstances are Drivers allowed to collect cash.
15. Return any invoice(s) along with product not delivered with reason(s) for not delivered. Immediately communicate all undelivered products/stops to appropriate Delivery Manager.
16. Safely handle all empties to prevent damage, and always pick up all empty BABCO pallets for return to the warehouse.
17. Address customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner. Ensure the complaint is directed to the proper channel and the Delivery Manager in a timely manner and assist with resolving issues.
18. At last delivery stop load all empty pallets into one bay on each side of the truck.
19. After the completion of scheduled delivery duties check with the Delivery Manager for possible additional assignments i.e. Hot Shots, breakage to fix, etc.
20. During PM Check in count product load in each day with the Reconciliation Manager making sure both counts are products are accurate, print out a receipt from the I-pack and submit the collected checks and money orders.
21. Complete all paperwork correctly and timely during check in: invoice summary, load sheet, check reconciliation, damage, returns, and synchronize the handheld.
22. Clean truck or trailer at end of day.
23. Provide on-the-job training to new hires as assigned by Delivery Manager.
24. Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Delivery Manager and fill out the proper accident reports the day of the occurrence.
25. Obey all traffic laws and regulations for Federal, State, and local laws. This applies to all drivers.
26. Assist sales personnel to help solve customer problems/issues.
27. Coordinate with merchandiser's schedule when the delivery is going to be at the store.
28. Always check with Accounts Receivable: to get permission for a temporary charge or not collect past due balance of account.
· High School Diploma/GED and 2-4 years of verifiable delivery driver experience
· Must have a valid California Driver License, preferably Class A, and a clean DMV record.
· Well groomed, neat and professional appearance.
· Must be 21 years old or older.
· Good computer skills.
· Safety-first mentality.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong follow-up skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to lift, push and/or pull 50lb. cases of product on a regular basis.
· Ability to push, pull and manipulate 165lb. kegs of beer on an occasional basis
· Able to safely use empty and loaded hand-trucks and pallet-jacks
· Able to sit for extended periods of time
· Able to stand, crouch and walk for extended periods
About Bay Area Beverage
With more than 40 years of experience, Bay Area Beverage Company is a leading Northern California distributor for some of the most important domestic and international brands, including Coors, Miller, Heineken, Tecate, Fat Tire, Anchor Steam, Lagunitas, Pyramid, Duvel, Snapple, and many other interesting and innovative beverages. Covering all of Alameda and Contra Costa counties, our volume has grown to 7 million cases annually and we employ nearly 200 dedicated team members servicing over 3,000 customers.
Bay Area Beverage Company's Mission is to create opportunities and maximize profitable returns for our three major stakeholders; Employees, Customers, and Suppliers. Our success will always be tied to increasing value for these core groups
How to apply
Interested applicants can complete an employment application by visiting our offices during normal business hours, 8:00 am -- 5:00 pm, or download an application form at www.bayareabev.com and submit your completed form, along with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to Human Resources, Bay Area Beverage Company, 700 National Court, Richmond, CA 94804