Get new similar jobs by email for
Delta V Engineer
Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
· As a Delta V Engineer you should be a self-starter, who is capable of working alone on small projects as well as participating as a team member in big project teams.
· As we are consultants to a number of clients we are seeking engineers with experience in one or more of the following areas: cell culture, upstream and downstream, purification processes, fill finish process, filling lines, packaging, clean utility systems, pilot plant automation systems, clinical scale automation and information systems, alarm and monitoring systems.
· Knowledge of automation system requirements, function and software design
· Implementation and Testing of automation systems Qualification & Validation of automation systems
· Follow projects using GAMP from requirement through process validation phases
· BS or MS or equivalent experience
· 4-10 + years of experience designing, programming and testing automation systems in a pharma/biotech manufacturing, laboratory, R&D or pilot plant environment
· Engineering degree - BS, MS or equivalent experience required Automation software experience with DeltaV is a must.
· Experience with other systems, such as iFix, iBatch, PI-Historian, Rockwell RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk® Batch, FactoryTalk® View SiteEdition & FactoryTalk® View Machine Edition,Wonderware InTouch, System Platform, InBatch, Siemens SEMATIC S7, APOGEE® and WinCC is preferred.
· Relevant Quality education or training within ISO 9001 and cGMP.
· Experienced with qualification and validation of automation projects
· · Excellent verbal and written communication skills DeltaV configuration experience cGMP and Validation experience Life Science / Pharmaceutical industry experience preferable
· Demonstrates a high level knowledge in process controls including detailed understanding of the process, ability to optimize the parameters and optimize the measurable outcomes while minimizing risks of hazards.
· Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment
· Demonstrates, optimizes and instructs an expert knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
· Proficient experience in implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a high level of understanding of various programming languages
· Able to easily adapt to a new platform with development support
· Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment
· Proficient understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to lead implementation
· Demonstrates leadership in loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
· Proficient ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources and provides the same when working with entry level resources.
· Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer
· Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
· Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job
· Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business
· Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams
· Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs
· Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met
20 – 50 % travel will be required. The vast majority of this travel will be in the West Coast marketplace.
Relocation assistance may be provided
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Hair Sample Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position, please APPLY ONLINE.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.