We are currently recruiting for a Demand Planner to join our Corporate Headquarters located in Smithfield, RI. This position reports to the Demand Planning Manager and has the following responsibilities:
· Focus on key driving factors that influence supply chain performance metrics, like inventory availability, forecast error and customer order fill rates.
· Produce monthly forecasts at the account sku level that drive several supply chain related activities which affect retail in-stock position and purchases with overseas suppliers.
· Develop new item forecasting models based on account, product category, retail price points and seasonality. Revise initial forecasts based on early point-of-sale data collected from our major retailers.
· Work closely with the Supply Planners to achieve optimum in-stock position.
· Develop a rapport with the Sales and Merchandising organization to incorporate retailers ordering plans as well as the affects of fixture placement and pricing on sales volumes.
· Collaboration with accounts including utilizing account web sites to mine data for analysis such as forecasts, projections, store detail etc. This includes regular communication via e-mail, conference calls.
· Occasional travel may be required.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline (material planning, supply chain, statistics, logistics).
· 3-5 years of professional experience in a related field.
· Ability to demonstrate outstanding analytical, planning and inventory control skills.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret data and financial reports.
· Working knowledge of distribution, sourcing, order processing and supply chain principles.
· Demonstrated ability to support and interact with core business functions (Sales, Merchandising, Supply Planning).
· Must be well organized, self motivated, focused on meeting deadlines and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient with MS-Office programs, primarily Excel.
· Forecasting software experience a plus!
To apply go to http://fgxicorporate.appone.com/