Get new similar jobs by email for
Demand Planner - Sales/Forecas...
Position Title: Demand Planner - Sales/Forecasting Manager
Reports To: COO
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Analysis & Forecasting Manager is responsible for providing a detailed sales forecast at the unit level. The position is responsible for analytical support and making recommendations to identify sales opportunities at all major retail accounts. Using internal shipment data and POS reports, this manager is responsible for creating and analyzing reports on sales trends, history, new item performance, inventory levels, new item introductions, and post promotion analysis. Forecasting experience is required.
· Work with the sales team to create detailed sales projections & unit level forecasts monthly. Identify and provide research on forecast variances
· Track & report key metrics variance analysis of actual to plan.
· Provide in-depth analysis using POS that includes new and current item distribution, promotions, trends, pricing, inventory levels, and promotional effectiveness
· Communicate findings on a regular basis with suggestions to improve business performance
· Quarterly Business Review preparation: provide sales history, trends and analysis, review forecasts, and identify opportunities to increase business performance.
· New item analysis: track and communicate new item performance; and update replenishment forecasts as required.
· Promotion tracking and analysis: develop and communicate sell-through of all promotions
· Make appropriate recommendations to maximize item performance (sell through and profitability), based on POS analysis.
· Recommend addition or reduction in number of stores/clubs carrying items. Make recommendations related to seasonal forecast demand; suggest changes to improve retail in stocks and maximize seasonal consumption opportunities
· Ensure the accuracy of all reports; investigate data discrepancies as required
· Aid in ensuring that all product is properly distributed, per modular requirements; identify and research discrepancies as appropriate
· Provide project management support and/or ad hoc reports when needed
· Identify needs through collaboration with Sales Organization.
· Develop, Format, and Maintain reports to distribute to internal groups.
· Assemble, Validate, Format, and Build a series of databases for key sales information.
· Serve as systems power user to support sales team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Forecasting – 3 – 5 years experience required.
· Strong technology foundation and understanding of programming, database and networking methodologies.
· Computer skills: Advance knowledge of Access, SQL and Excel. Strong Power Point and Word skills. Visual Basic a plus.
· Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel)
· Associates or Baccalaureate degree
· Ability to translate data trends into actionable recommendations
· Strong planning, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Project management and time management skills
· 4 years of sales or category or market research experience involving analysis
· Retail Link experience (Walmart)
· Partners online experience (Target)
· Knowledge of consumer packaged goods business and mass merchant retail accounts