We are currently recruiting for a Demand Planning Manager to join our Corporate Headquarters located in Smithfield, RI. The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of Demand Planners who produce forecasts at the account/sku level to drive purchases to meet customer fill rates and achieve inventory goals. Candidates must have proven management skills plus exceptional analytical skills, a positive attitude and results driven initiative. The Demand Planning Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Top line forecast management which includes monitoring actual demand, forecasts and corporate financial goals at the product line account level.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills within and outside the organization including account/customer collaboration. Some travel is necessary.
· Coaching and motivating the demand planning team striving for forecast accuracy, timely forecast updates, clear and concise analysis.
· Manage all phases of new item introductions including initial forecasts, POS tracking.
· Recognize potential issues and develop solutions when problems are identified. Apply lessons learned from history in the forecasting process to alleviate future issues. Alert the appropriate groups when an issue arises and recommend solutions.
· Work closely with the Supply Planning team to achieve optimum in-stock position. This includes awareness of the buying schedule and lead times (Chinese New Year), inventory availability and communicating forecast updates.
· Minimum of a bachelor's degree and 5 + years of relevant work experience.
· Excellent analytical and communications skills.
· Prior experience applying forecasting principles for several product lines across various customer channels including new item introduction, seasonal programs, seasonal curve development.
· Must possess strong leadership skills and be well organized, self motivated, focused on meeting deadlines and able to multi task within a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to support and interact effectively with other core business functions (Sales, Merchandising, and Customer collaboration.)
· Proficient with MS-Office programs, primarily Excel and prior forecasting system experience.
FGX International offers competitive salaries and attractive benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental care, life insurance and 401K programs, paid vacations and holidays, a business casual dress policy and the opportunity to work on some of the most famous brands in our industry. FGX International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.