Exciting medical device company in the San Diego area is looking to hire a deployment specialist for their Midwest or East Coast Regions. This role would be working remotely and would require travel. The Deployment Specialist’s main objective is to ensure that our client’s medical systems get reliably and efficiently deployed in hospitals.
This position requires a full-time commitment (40+ per week) and requires 50%+ of travel time (90% domestic, 10% international). The qualified person must have experience in a related field and an educational / experience background supportive of the job qualifications and responsibilities outlined in this document. No direct reports initially.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Deploy our client’s medical technology/systems in hospitals – mainly in designated geographical regions and must be ready to support on a national and international level (wireless network / site survey, installation, configuration, verification, customer validation support, technical training, troubleshooting, updates/upgrades).
· Act as the “best-practice champion” for deployment in designated region of our client’s medical technology/systems with respect to wireless network (802.11) integration, hospital network integration (wired backbone, server), and HIT integration from a process, technology and documentation perspective.
· Serve as a training/expert resource for customers (hospital IT/ BioMed) and partners (distributors), technical support to our client’s sales team during the pre-sales phase, tier 3 customer support.
· Provided field feedback to the Sr. Deployment Specialist to assist R&D in the testing and optimization of wireless network and HIT integration.
· Conduct post-deployment audits of 3rd party implementations of our client’s medical technology/systems.
· Other responsibilities as required.
· Self-Management - A self-starter with strong work ethic and discipline to provide timely deliverables without reminders from leadership, staff or customers.
· Teamwork - Outstanding collaborative skills especially with internal/external Clinical and Technical personnel. Ability to manage and work as part of cross-functional teams.
· Communication - Effective verbal skills to convey key information while training customer, partner or company technical personnel or communicating with stakeholders on all hierarchy levels. Ability to provide written instructions/information to external customers and internal staff.
· Problem solving - Ability to think deductively and determine common root causes across seemingly unrelated issues and system non-conformances. Strongest troubleshooting skills in network access, specifically wireless networks and product connectivity.
· Planning and organizing - Ability to plan at the strategic and tactical level with a strong hands-on competency to execute according to plan.
· Technology/Industry - Excellent knowledge of the hospital environment and its infrastructure. Understanding of standards, rules, regulations and guidelines for medical devices (e.g. 80001). Strong skills and competencies in the areas of wireless/wired networks, servers, hospital IT systems and accessories. Deep knowledge of system diagnostics and wireless network tools.
· Customer focus and initiative - Strong ability to recognize a customer need and fulfill that need. Interested and skilled in understanding new technologies and how they can be used to enhance the customer experience as it relates to deployment and support.
Key Performance Indicators
· Number of error-free deployed systems
· Customer satisfaction feed-back (post-deployment feed-back surveys)
· Time from start deployment to customer hand-over
· Partner feed-back (training feed-back surveys)
Quality System Job Responsibilities
· This position must be aware of the relevance and importance of his/her activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality and required regulatory compliance.
Preferred educational background
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the Sciences or Engineering
· Minimum certification: Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) or equivalent experience
· Cisco: CCNA or CCNA-Wireless or higher, Field or Design Specialist or equivalent experience
Preferred experiential background
Experience: 5+ years in technical hands-on roles in one or more of the following:
· Understanding of RF and 802.11 standards and amendments.
· Knowledge of Cisco (minimum), and other manufactures (Aruba preferred, Motorola and any others a plus) wired and wireless network product line.
· Configuring Cisco (minimum) and Aruba (preferred) wireless controllers, access points, and other network equipment pertinent to a wireless network deployment. Multicast architecture / configuration experience a plus.
· Designing wireless networks and access point locations to support VoWLAN and location services.
· Wireless medical system field deployment in hospitals for either a patient monitoring (preferred) or infusion pump manufacturer.
· Professional Services provider (Cisco Gold Partner preferred) to hospital IT and/or BioMed for consulting in wireless network (802.11) management, hospital network management (wired backbone, server), and HIT system management. HL7 interface experience a plus.
· Employing wireless network tools, AirMangnet Survey Pro (preferred), Cisco Spectrum Expert or equivalent, Protocol Analyzers, and WLAN Design Tools.
Main internal contacts:
· Sr. Deployment Specialist
· Customer service (1st and 2nd line support)
· Deployment project managers
· Sales managers
· Clinical specialists
Main external contacts:
· Technical customer champion
· Technical Management customer: Dir IT / BioMed / CIO / CTO
· Distribution partners
· Deployment partners
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org