MINCO Products, Inc is a privately-owned company specializing in the design and manufacture of critical components since 1956. During the past five decades, we’ve grown into a global company with three product lines: Thermofoil™ Flexible Heaters, Flex Circuits and Sensors/Instruments. We have the capacity and infrastructure to support a variety of applications for global customers in diverse markets. For more information, please visit our website: www.minco.com.
Minco has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Design Engineer to work in our Heaters Business Unit. In the position the Design Engineer will perform design duties for a general project or product segment. This person will possess an understanding of general or proposed designs, lead design support teams, and participate in design development and selection. We are looking for a motivated, high energy, top performer with excellent communication skills to work in an agile team environment.
- Meet with technicians, internal and external customers, or other engineers to understand product and specification requirements, objectives, timelines, and project tasks; coordinate communications within the plant and the customer; projects typically include a product segment, are limited in scope, and minimal oversight.
- Participate in design, process, and continuous improvement projects that impact product segments; ensure objectives and timelines are met, and meet with engineering or production personnel as required to complete projects.
- Apply fundamental design engineering and related manufacturing principles and practices while working with general or proposed product segments or drawings, interpret updated process and quality standards, and other areas as required; receive direction on complex areas and begin to learn other product segments, competitors, and suppliers as appropriate.
- Lead teams regarding documentation, quotes, first runs, inspection, and related areas, develop and review a variety of reports, documents, and tests, and adjust operations or activities as needed.
- Respond to questions and concerns from technicians, customers and suppliers; investigate design, quality, pricing, and other problems; communicate with sales and/or provide training to the appropriate groups.
- Complete appropriate forms and documentation regarding projects to receive budget, operational, and final approval; approve projects as delegated or under span of control.
- Interpret and apply department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensure compliance with these areas.
- Assist with mentoring and training a group of engineers in design procedures, design and customer history, technology and material function, processes, and interdepartmental contacts.
- May have broad oversight for daily production, engineering support, or related operations, related to design needs.
- May serve as a lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring work and providing direction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with SolidWorks and advanced Excel
- A working knowledge of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), DFMEA
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Understanding of metalwork fabrication
- Thermal Modeling/Finite Element Analysis
- New product development experience
- Lean experience preferred
- Ability to use agile development principles to release quality product on time
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while dealing with multiple projects
- Excellent time management, detail, accuracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, self-motivated, self-directed individual who works well under minimal supervision and takes pride in their work
- No relocation assistance available for this position
At Minco, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees. That is why we consciously seek to provide you with benefits and services that help balance work life and personal life as well as assist with your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including tuition reimbursement, health and dental insurance, and employee incentive programs. We are located one block from the bus line as well as offering free parking.
To apply, visit: https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/recruiting.aspx?id=4A5E2837-0015-4A3C-9149-9CE99AE31A99&src=Monster&rqid=1C18356B-6BFC-4B6D-BE68-E85FF62ADCC9
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MINCO Products, Inc is an E-Verify employer.