Get new similar jobs by email for
DevOps Engineer / Infrastructu...
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our clients for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Our clients are often interested in candidates who may be more jr. or sr. than the description indicates, or may be missing some of the requirements, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
If you have any friends or colleagues who may be interested in career advancement in the technology industry, please introduce them to us. If we place someone referred by you, we'll thank you with a significant referral reward.
The majority of jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if this job does not fit you but you would like to know which jobs would be the best fit for you, please get in touch with us. We can then do a more customized search for you.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Devops Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer / Operations Engineer
San Mateo, CA
About the role:
We want someone with a good understanding of everything involved in running a high-traffic global web platform. This person will help lay the groundwork for the infrastructure to grow to our next 20 million users and beyond.
- Mentoring a handful of operations engineers
- Collaborating on design for new product features
- Designing and implementating internal infrastructure and systems (such as metrics, node management, alerting, deployment)
- Supporting developers on their releasees and deployments
- Williing to be on-call 24x7, although you'll be working on making that as unnecessary as possible in the near future.
- At least 4 years of experience on a web application
- Solid UNIX skills
- MySQL tuning and administration
- Skill with languages such as Perl, PHP, Ruby
- Good understanding of scaling concepts (e.g., caching layers, CDNs)
Nice to have:
- Memcached, Redis
- Experience programming in C