Get new similar jobs by email for
Development Associate Job Description
RPM Development is a well-respected company with over 20 years of experience developing and managing affordable housing initiatives across New Jersey. RPM is actively seeking new development opportunities.
The position of Development Associate requires a wide variety of responsibilities. Primarily, the focus of the role is to assist in securing development opportunities, turning those opportunities into financeable developments and then assist in getting those developments financed.
Most of the time for this position will be spent working on this area of responsibility and the duties will include:
· Identifying potential sites that would make for a competitive low income housing tax credit application
· Speaking with owners and /or brokers to find out information about the site
· Speaking with the township to find out (and hopefully convince the town) if they would be interested in hosting an affordable housing site
· Finding out if the town/municipality will be interested in granting a PILOT and the other necessary approvals to prepare for a tax credit application.
· Assist in preparing, submitting and drawing funds for all loans and applications for funding.
· Communicating with all parties and making sure that RPM is represented well.
In addition, the responsibilities of the position will be to assist senior staff in completing any task that is in the interest of furthering the goals of RPM Development. These activities will represent a much smaller portion of work time spent and could include tasks such as:
· Site visits
· Troubleshooting and solving problems in the office
· Assistance with any management of local properties that may be required.