Talascend is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer (JAVA) for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in Herndon, VA.
- The Senior Software Engineer performs analysis, design, programming, testing, installation, and maintenance of Client Internet applications.
- The incumbent will assist the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications and offer expertise regarding methods, standards, and technical considerations for software applications, and will have a lead role in designing application development software.
- The incumbent will work with other Senior Developers and Architects to gain consistencies on project development execution, delivery, and practices.
- The incumbent will also act as a technical lead, and mentor junior developer(s).
- MUST be US Citizen, Green Card Holder or Permanent Resident to qualify for consideration.
- 10+ total years of development experience, which includes full life cycle development, web development and Web Service development.
- 6-8 years of experience with web development using Java and SQL, as well as UI development with at least one of the following: JSF, ADF, JSP, PrimeFaces.
- Demonstrated practice with Spring and Hibernate frameworks, or some equivalent framework, and multi-tier architecture.
- Database development experience using Informix, Oracle, MySQL, and/or Sybase.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to quickly resolve problems and work with little supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong object oriented analysis, design, and development skills.
- Agile experience, with an emphasis on Scrum and XP practices.
- Production support experience in an application development environment.
- Competent with Oracle JDeveloper.
- Experience in developing web applications using frameworks, such as Oracle ADF and Spring Batch.
- Must live within a commutable distance of Herndon, VA.
- Adobe LiveCycle development.
- A COTS reporting tool, such as Oracle BI or JReport.
- Experience with Tomcat or WebLogic server installation and administration.
- Familiarity with a UNIX environment, LINUX preferred.
- Knowledge of C and embedded SQL.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.talascend.com
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.