Opportunity and position information: Diesel Technician
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies, making adjustments and alignments, and keeping records.
Diesel Technician / Mechanic Job Duties:
* Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
* Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
* Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
* Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
* Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
* Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Road Service Capabilities
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge
Why grow your career with us? How about:
* 5 day work week
* Day & night shifts available
* Well-lighted work areas
* All the latest software and computer terminals in our shop
* Professional Service Advisors who respect our Techs
* Our customers trust our shop so we always have plenty of good tickets for our Techs year-round
*Even if YOU have never worked in an independent shop, we invite you to talk to us to find out more about our shop, our area and our career opportunities.
*Submit YOUR resume with confidence that all contacts with us are completely confidential. Do it TODAY!
Our Benefits include:
* Health Insurance
* Prescription Coverage
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Chiropractic Coverage
* Retirement Plan With Percentage Match!
* Tool Allowance
* Tool Insurance Coverage
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Sick Days
* Provided Uniforms Allowance
* Continued Paid Training
* Contact Us For Details!