The diet aide is responsible for providing assistance in all dietary functions as directed by the Nutrition Service Director in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Nutrition Services Director and Administrator of the facility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the facility dietitian/Nutrition Services Director as necessary to carry out recommended therapeutic restrictions with regards to residents’ nutritional care plans.
• Serve meals and snacks in accordance with approved menu spreadsheets in a palatable and appetizing manner.
• Serve meals in accordance with established portion control procedures.
• Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as established procedures.
• Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties and in accordance with established procedures.
• Clean all work spaces.
• Take soiled utensils, plates, etc. to dishwashing area.
• Return all clean utensils, plates, etc. to proper storage areas.
• Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean.
• Set up meal trays or dining room areas as instructed.
• Assist cook in preparing meals as necessary.
• Obtain food supply for next meal.
• Assist in checking meals or trays for accuracy of resident restrictions before serving.
• Serve residents in all dining areas as instructed.
• Perform dishwashing and cleaning procedures.
• Remove plates or food trays from dining table or food trucks and take to dishwashing area.
• Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed.
• Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to Nutrition Services Director.
• Assist in maintaining all food storage areas including refrigerators and freezers in a clean and sanitary manner.
• Report any food complaints to the Nutrition Services Director.
• Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Nutrition Services Director, Registered Dietitian or facility administrator.
• Experience in Long Term Care is preferred, however, we are willing to train reliable candidates.
• Flexibility to work all shifts and the right attitude are the most important aspects for success in this position.
• Must be able to work weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V