Get new similar jobs by email for
Digital Press Operator
CCI Direct Mail
Growing direct mail production firm has an immediate opening for a digital press production operator with commercial print/direct mail experience, including file handling, setup, prepress, printing, and finishing.
- Preflighting, preparing, editing, troubleshooting, proofing, customer files
- Setting up and creating output files for variable data/merged documents
- Paper stock handling, and inventory maintenance
- Imposition, color match, and printing of files to digital color press and high speed laser printers
- In-line finishing and assisting with off-line finishing including cutting, scoring,
stitching, packing and shipping.
Hard skills you need:
- Adobe Creative Suite 5 and newer -- Adobe Acrobat, inDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator required
- Microsoft Office -- need to be or want to be expert in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Digital Press front-end and color matching experience
- Experience with Mailing Regulations, Data and Variable Information apps are a plus
Soft skills you need:
- You work as part of a team, providing information, feedback and work side-by-side
with coworkers to make every project a success for the customer
- If something won't work, you're looking for another way to get it done
- You own your work, committed to schedules, details, creating the best product possible
and getting it 'right.'
- Fluency in English is required.
All respondents should include a resume (PDF, please), a short bio about yourself, and hourly/salary history.
Frustrated with postings where you have some, but not all of the 'musts' required, but know you deserve a shot?
It's OK, nobody's perfect.
Send us your resume, bio, hourly/salary history **and** you'll also write us note -- in detail -- about why you're an ideal person for this job, which things you're great at and which you will be great at, and what -- specifically -- you'll do to get yourself to that next level.