Director of Advanced Polymeric Materials R&D and Product Development
The Director will be responsible for advanced polymeric materials Research and Development and for new product development across a broad range of industrial applications. The Director will be responsible to lead both internally-funded and externally-funded initiatives that result in new product offerings into the market.
To qualify for this challenging position the candidate must possess PhD or MS degree in Engineering or Science, with more than10 years successful R&D and product development experience.
The polymer applications field focus will be on the use of thermoplastic materials for coatings that are applied by our patented and patent-pending thermal-spray powder coating processes. The materials of interest also include UV-curable and some hybrid materials.
We are seeking a visionary who excels in advancing new developments in polymer technology for the solution of industrial problems.
The successful candidate will be a high-tech-savvy, manager with experience in product development, with an understanding of marketing, and business development. Responsibilities include leading and participating in the preparation of proposals to obtain contract and grant funding.
In addition, the Director will be a key participant in determining the organization's long-range goals; sets competitive strategy and define programs based on financial, market and technology factors, including the conduct of competitive intelligence analyses on existing and emerging products.
The position requires extensive experience in polymeric materials product development and a track record of transitioning research out of the laboratory and into practical, commercial applications is required. Hands on work experience in a research and new product development environment is also essential.
We are seeking a multifaceted individual with outstanding communication, team-building, planning skills, who also possess, strong supervisory, solid interpersonal/management capabilities, effective organizational abilities and exceptional presentation skills.
The successful candidate must have:
· A track-record that demonstrates success of working in the technology field. Solid scientific background and proven high levels of performance in multiple disciplines within the polymer materials field.
· Demonstrated history as a productive, innovative, interdisciplinary research and development scientist and technical manager, with success in a small, start-up business environment.
· Experience and/or interest in projects across the interfaces of Materials, Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Engineering and Manufacturing.
· This position requires an enthusiastic individual with strong business analysis skills, proven marketing/business management experience and the ability to work with a diverse group of associates in a high-tech business.
· Demonstrated ability to listen to customers' needs, develop solutions to meet their requirements, trust and respect.
· Established ability to transform into market leader position through building relationships, securing strategic alliances, developing innovative new products.
· Strong strategic planning and business market intelligence capabilities.
· Ability to combine extensive knowledge of emerging technologies with broad organizational focus, assimilate knowledge of company technology products, applications and manufacturing capabilities.
· Capability to quickly grasp new technological concepts and convey their value to clients.
· Advanced knowledge of modern marketing management, brand management, distribution channels, product planning and sales forecast principles, methods and practices.
· Talent to serve as liaison between research team and business partners to achieve objectives, enhance communications, and strengthen product development.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. An enthusiasm for working in a diverse, demanding and exciting technology environment is crucial. Strong work ethic and team player attributes are paramount.
The position will require working with various technologies that have application in several markets. The role will be to advance internal product research and development and will include partnering with leading fortune 100 technology companies outside Resodyn Corporation on a diverse portfolio of ideas.
· Personal leave
· Medical insurance
· Life insurance
· Flexible benefit plan
· Pension/profit sharing plan, 401(k)
· Relocation allowance
Resodyn Corporation is a, small, but growing, fast-paced, technology and product development company located in Southwest Montana. An excellent career and lifestyle opportunity for the correct individual exists to work on state-of-the-art research and development of various emerging technologies having both near-term and future commercial potential.