A Global Fortune Firm is looking for a Director of Pricing to join their team in Northern NJ (close proximity to NYC). This person will have a direct impact on the global pricing strategy of a firm that generates over 10 billion dollars in revenue through its 550,000+ clients.
The Director of Pricing will be managing the scope, quality, risks, schedule, and resources of company-wide pricing projects and pricing system initiatives that will support the strategic pricing transformation. The position will act as a subject matter expert providing strategic pricing and pricing system leadership, guidance, management and training working with the multiple businesses providing insights for pricing analyses being performed.
Pricing Strategy, Data, Analytics, Process & Reporting – 70%
- Work cross functionally and be a key corporate resource with sales, finance, operations and product management in the businesses to correctly position and establish pricing strategies and performing pricing projects supporting the businesses as needed
- Support and make recommendations to the product owners in their development of new innovations, emerging products, services and market opportunities in the creation of effective price monetization strategies
- Perform sophisticated quantitative analysis, using statistical techniques to model complex relationship between business variables, that translates data into actionable insights
building optimization models to evaluate pricing opportunities
Pricing Capabilities (Systems & Tools) – 30%
- Work with pricing leaders in the business to ensure pricing system adoption providing detailed and complex pricing analysis to drive change in company practices ensuring development, execution and management of best in class pricing process, policies and system
- Act as a pricing system PMO and perform the ongoing development, management, training, analysis and support of pricing system initiatives and process change. Using the pricing system analyze current and historical results of pricing activity and transactional data to identify actionable opportunities, develop ideas, and make recommendations to improve pricing performance
- Supports pricing system and upgrades working with the vendor and the IT group on the following tasks: analyze, recommend and maintain system configuration matching to business needs. Maintains systems data and quality. Manages systems upgrades - requirements gathering and communication, quality assurance and change control
Requirements and Related Skills:
- 7 - 10 years experience in pricing-related disciplines ideally with a B2B organization working with data analysis & pricing systems
- Bachelor’s degree in pricing, marketing, business administration, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, strategy or finance
- Previous experience as at a large firm or consulting firm; using pricing and revenue management software; providing strategic recommendations to clients highly desirable.
- Senior pricing leader & influencer capable of providing leadership not only managing and support
- Deep understanding of pricing with a general management mindset and a thorough understanding of pricing and its role in multifaceted Fortune 500 companies.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions and manage in a complex matrix environment.
- Pricing leader known for defining pricing problems strategically, developing credible business cases, and communicating rationale to senior management.
- Exposure to one or all of the following issues: pricing systems & strategy, pricing implementation, segmentation, category management, promotional pricing, and discounting
- Strong understanding of information systems including pricing process from strategy to execution
- Possess defendable points of view on key pricing areas i.e., pricing capabilities, price models, price setting, price realization, promotional spending, pricing experiments, and bundling
- Implementing large-scale efforts toward pricing simplification, standardization and adherence to price modification guidelines
- Expert proficiency in Excel (must be comfortable with large complex spreadsheets, developing macros; look ups, pivot tables, “if” statements), Access, VBA, Oracle (SQL) and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills; ability to run correlation and regression analysis; develop pricing / financial models and analyze trends
- Analyzing large datasets, developing robust models to inform business decisions, and communicating methodology and insights to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision