Get new similar jobs by email for
Director of Research and Devel...
The Director, Research and Development, is responsible for delivery of product development, innovation, and ideation. In addition, technical aspects of product development, for both new products and innovations to existing products. The Director of R&D makes technical and business recommendations to senior management to use as a basis for tactical and strategic business decisions. We are a mid-size established food processing company.
· Responsibility for management of overall product development programs from ideation to product launch.
· Responsibility for management of innovations to existing products.
· Responsibility for planning and implementation of product development programs to support identified business plan requirements.
· Identification of innovative product solutions to meet consumer and market needs, as a strategic driver for business growth .
· Hands on development activities as requiredto meet project objectives. This will involve at times performing the tasks typically conducted by food technologists
· Communicate effectively across diverse levels within and outside the organization.
· Translating consumer needs and business objectives into actual products and processes that satisfy consumer needs and meet established business criteria.
· Effectively combine sound technical knowledge and competence with managerial skills to successfully meet agreed upon business objectives with efficient use of available resources.
· Proven product development expertise with strong leadership and talent development skills, as well as a reputation for technical and business expertise.
A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in food science, chemistry or similar discipline. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 10 years of food product development experience from bench top to production start up is required.
· Project/Program management: Minimum of two to three years of managing multiple projects.
· People Management: Minimum two to three years of managing multiple personnel.
· Knowledge of Government agencies pertaining to the food industry.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Deep understanding of food CPG industry.
· Computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.