Get new similar jobs by email for
Distributed Programmer/Analyst I (JAVA)
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization’s distributed applications. Familiar with relational database concepts and the distributed application concepts. Works with project team members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· From analysis and general specifications, codes new programs, modifies existing programs, tests, and documents programs following published standards.
· Analysis and technical design of small to medium efforts of work or enhancements to existing systems.
· Participates in the preparation of time estimates.
· Researches, resolves, and documents incident reports.
· Tests all programs thoroughly following standard guidelines.
· Keeps informed on technology and insurance industry trends and developments.
· Gives on-call support to production systems during off hours.
· Fulfills administrative reporting requirements.
· Work in team based environment.
· Regular, predictable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
· This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
· Participates in technical assurance of work assigned.
· Prepares program specifications for others to follow.
· Participates in the definition of enhancements to existing systems.
· Shares programming techniques with less experienced personnel.
· Participates in code walkthroughs.
· Contributes to programming standards.
· Conducts production review of other’s code and documents.
· Participates in the evaluation of vendor application and development software.
· Assists with in-house training classes.
· Participates in the entry-level training program by being a mentor to a distributed programmer.
· Physical demands: Sitting; Normal hearing/vision (with or without correction); 24 hour on-call support on a rotation schedule; Stress of working overtime as required.
· Mental demands: Prolonged concentration; Analytical reasoning; Stress of meeting deadlines.
· Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature, and noise.
· Equipment: Personal computer.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Computer Science degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of programming experience of which a minimum of 1 year involving analysis.
· Training in Systems Analysis and Design is preferred.
· Optimal Training: Successful completion of IIA Intro to Insurance Course plus one general insurance course and/or continuing education in other area is desired.
· Working knowledge of J2EE, WSAD/WAS/RAD, or similar environment preferred.
· Demonstrated skills in programming, analysis and ability to work with limited assistance from others.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines.
· Effective communication skills – verbal, written, and listening.
TO VIEW THE ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY PLEASE GO TO KFBJOBS.COM, JOB #1400 - or EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO LAURA.JONES@KYFB.COM. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE THE PERFECT CANDIDATE AND MEET THE MINIMUM QULIFICATIONS, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO APPLY.