MBI Solutions, Inc., a growing medical billing company is seeking MOTIVATED, PROFESSIONAL, and QUALIFIED people.
Our medical billing organization is a wholly owned subsidiary of Premier Physician Services, one of the Midwest’s largest providers of emergency medicine physician services. Located in Kettering, Ohio, our 160 associates process over one million patient encounters per year in the areas of emergency medicine, hospitalists, and ambulance transports.
We are currently looking for a full-time Patient Accounts A/R Representative in our Fire/EMS Billing Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Handles and resolves incoming patient and insurance company phone calls.
- Manages, researches and resolves insurance denials and/or documentation.
- Performs special projects regarding A/R and insurance denials as assigned by EMS management staff.
- Reviews aging reports to resolve issues on unpaid claims.
- Updates patient demographics from documentation.
- Identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Access insurance websites to verify eligibility and claim status.
- Reviews error reports and enters corrections into computer.
- Responds to inquiries regarding billing and insurance information.
- Maintains department quality and production standards as outlined in the EMS department manual.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in medical billing
- Previous experience processing insurance denials preferred
- Medical Terminology
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- After a 90-day training period the ability to meet both production and accuracy benchmarks for the department
We recognize employees as our most valuable asset. Our competitive full-time benefits package includes:
- 401(k) and additional company pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, & disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Legal insurance
- Paid time off (personal/sick, vacation & holidays)
- Wellness programs
- Educational assistance
- Flexible work schedules
MBI Solutions is entirely a non-smoking facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to workforce diversity.