Get new similar jobs by email for
Electrical & Control Systems E...
Provide electrical and control systems engineering support for industrial projects. Primary focus will be on conceptual design, detail engineering, procurement, construction, & pre-operational testing, commissioning and start-up. This individual will work in a team-oriented environment under stressful conditions associated with critical project deadlines and heavy workloads, and may fill the role of supervisor or project manager.
· Design process control systems and strategies.
· Engineer, design and test electrical, instrumentation and automation systems associated with heavy industry processing plants and mines.
· PLC/HMI hardware/software design and programming.
· Develop and engineer electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and PLC logic.
· Design and implement process network infrastructure (Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, etc.).
· Interface and communicate with vendors, process engineering, installation contractors and project management.
· Specifying and procuring controls hardware and field instrumentation.
· Database programming skills a plus.
· Compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply.
· Adheres to corporation policies.
· Understand and assist in application of company safety procedures, in particular those related to Lock & Tag, Arc Flash and protection from electrical exposures.
· Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of automation (PLC / DCS) and electrical system design, diagnosis and operation.
· Knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
· Read and understands electrical schematics and drawings.
· Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of API (American Petroleum Institute) codes as applied to electrical installations.
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
· Ability to operate various power, voltage and current measurement equipment via test instruments and hand tools.
· Ability to refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.
· Ability to distinguish colors and relationship between objects.
· Comfortable expressing an independent opinion, resilient to change and recognizes impact of their decision on others.
· Strong experience in plant commissioning and start-up.
· Working on-site in heavy industrial environments mostly but not limited to mining and gas industries. These environments may have the following conditions: Extreme temperature conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in confined spaces; and at heights
· Hours of operation and employee schedules vary based off each project and may require irregular or extended hour and travel for project completion.
· Travel includes both surrounding states and international travel.
· Will often work alone with minimum supervision
PRI is a leading Executive Recruiting firm in the West. We are currently looking for Electrical & Control Engineers. Only those interested and qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to #(801) 280-0230.