Get new similar jobs by email for
Electrical Controls Engineer
Parkinson Technologies, Inc., a growing manufacturer of winding and plastic processing equipment, has an immediate opening for an Electrical Controls Engineer. The individual will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager, and be responsible for the design of electrical control systems for complex equipment.
- Design control systems using PLCs, HMIs, SCADA Systems and variable-speed drives.
- Generate schematic diagrams, panel layouts, and bill of material.
- Program PLC code, HMI screens, and drive parameters.
- Perform functional test of machinery.
- On-site start-up support.
- Domestic and international travel is typically up to 20%.
- BSET or BSEE degree.
- Hands-on experience with PLC, HMI, and variable-speed drives.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with people on all levels.
- Strong work ethic.
- Minimum 3 years experience preferred
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and Siemens drives and controls.
- Understanding of web handling applications (plastic processing, winding, etc).
- AutoCAD electrical
Parkinson Technologies is a company that values a creative and open working environment. The company provides world-class machinery and technology to the continuous web processing industry. All design, manufacturing and commercial operations are located in a modern facility in Woonsocket, RI. Parkinson’s customers include a broad range of companies, from venture-backed startups to Fortune 50 enterprises, all of whom demand innovative solutions to their web processing challenges. Company benefits include medical, dental, profit sharing, life insurance, a flexible savings account and a 401(K) plan. Please visit www.parkinsontechnologies.com for more information.
Send your résumé and cover letter via email to: email@example.com and indicate “Electrical Controls Engineer” in the email’s subject. Résumés received without cover letters will not be considered.