The estimator is responsible for all facets needed to bid jobs including pricing, layout, general conditions needed and other items as required for bids.
As an estimator you will be responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with products or services. This is done by working out how much a project is likely to cost and create budgets accordingly. The job involves assessing material, labor and equipment required and analyzing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
Work will include preparing cost estimates for projects in the planning phase; reviewing estimates prepared by consultants or other subcontractors, reviewing change order costs, and keeping current on market conditions and industry trends.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications from time to time.
- Communicate any unique or unusual items to the Project Managers.
- Attend Pre-Construction conferences if needed.
- Minimize expenses/exposure and risk in projects.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors and other parties for clarifications of items to bid.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have a minimum of two years estimating experience.
- Must have extensive experience working on electrical bids, complex industrial and public works projects systems preferred.
- MS Excel and cost estimating software knowledge.
- Must have exceptional report writing skills, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowing ConEst Intelli Bid Software is a HUGE plus, but not a required skill.
Skills/Qualifications: Analyzing Information, Estimating, Planning, Reporting Research Results, Data Center Experience, Strategic Planning, Attention to Detail, Informing Others,
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness to meet needs of a construction environment.
LOCATION: Tucson, AZ