Get new similar jobs by email for
Quality Technician - Mechanica...
Quality Technician to facilitate the inspection of incoming raw material and/or in process inspection by developing inspection plans and provide technical assistance to the inspectors when necessary. Will provide statistical analysis on key areas of the organization to help maintain the established Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provide technical assistance to quality inspectors, engineering, sales, and management.
- Monitor quality of inspections and the validity of those inspections to standards set by management.
- Support MRB by providing data needed to determine proper disposition and root cause. - Assist engineering in performing various mechanical tests on new or current design.
- Be an integral member of the internal auditing function, and also promote the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
- Prepare First Article Inspection Reports based on customer’s requests.
- Maintain the instrument calibration system, and its related documentation and procedures.
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent work experience and 3 or more years of related experience
- ASQ certification preferred (CQT, CQA).
- Basic understanding of statistics (normal curve/distribution, central tendency, measures of dispersion) and statistical applications (SPC, various types of control charts, process capability).
- Basic involvement in Product/Process design using tools such as FMEA, PPAP, and APQP.
- Experience creating/implementing/maintaining inspection methods using equipment such as coordinate measurement machines (CMM), force testing equipment, XRF plating measurement equipment, visual image X-ray, and various hand tools (micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other engineering documents, standards, and specifications.