Get new similar jobs by email for
Joseph J. Magnolia Inc. (JJM), headquartered in Washington, DC, is looking for an experienced Senior Estimator to join the team ASAP. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information; controlling construction costs.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
* Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
* Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
* Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
*Mechanical Plumbing experience is essential
Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Vendor Relationships, Reporting Skills, Estimating, Decision Making, Teamwork, Documentation Skills, Quality Focus
Competitive salary and benefits, serious inquiries should email resumes to HumanResources@magnolia-companies.com