Get new similar jobs by email for
SAFE in Hunterdon
ABOUT SAFE IN HUNTERDON
SAFE in Hunterdon is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to empowering child and adult survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. SAFE is the lead county advocacy organization for domestic violence and sexual assault services and is a member of the state coalitions of NJCBW and NJCASA. SAFE operates multiple core programs and services for prevention, intervention and victim advocacy with an annual budget of approximately $1.6 million.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH OVERVIEW
SAFE in Hunterdon seeks a visionary leader with an informed passion for ending domestic and sexual abuse and a record of accomplishment in leading complex organizations. The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic leadership of operations, collaborations, communication and fundraising for SAFE in Hunterdon. The Executive Director must create opportunities, produce results and understand the needs of the local community, while staying informed of trends in the greater movement.
She/he will build upon almost 40 years of service to the Hunterdon County community and guide SAFE into the future after a recent 18-month re-organization. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual positioned to grow a visible DV/SA organization dedicated to the philosophies and practices of empowerment.
The Executive Director will possess the ability to develop and implement bold initiatives that work to ensure the well-being of all victims and increase opportunities for prevention initiatives in Hunterdon County.
SAFE in Hunterdon is headquartered in Flemington, NJ. The position of Executive Director involves significant community engagement activities, which will require external relationship building, attending coalition meetings, fundraising and working with the board of directors to assure resource and mission sustainability.
SAFE in Hunterdonis the lead domestic violence and sexual assault funded organization in Hunterdon County. The Executive Director serves as the local public voice and face of SAFE, conveying passion for and expertise in the issues of domestic and sexual abuse and the needs of victims and their children.
Key priorities include influencing local policy on domestic and sexual abuse responses and designing a comprehensive development plan that includes a focus on private sector gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.The Executive Director reports to the SAFE Board of Trustees and works in partnership with a leadership team of Program Directors.
SAFE in Hunterdon is financed through state and federal grantsand funds raised through a variety of private sources, including: individual contributors, corporations, foundations and special events. The Executive Director will be responsible for expanding SAFE’s financial capacity and increasing the organization’s operating budget by generating more funds from private and unrestricted sources.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Effectively advocates on behalf of the movement for survivors and SAFE’score services. Educates local stakeholders, media and the public about the complex dynamics of power and control, barriers faced by victims and local changes needed to end domestic and sexual abuse.
· Direct experience with the work to end violence against women at local and state levels and/or experience with a social justice related advocacy organization.
· Knowledge of broader issues impacting victims and their children (i.e. public health, criminal laws/judicial policies, financial literacy, etc.).
· Demonstrates an understanding of diversity as it relates to advocacy and experience in leveraging diversity in internal and external functions.
LOCAL RESPONSES AND POLICIES
Strengthens and enhances SAFE’s leadership role by creating high-level relationships with multiple community and system stakeholders. Works closely with the SAFE Leadership Team and coordinating staff to develop goals and responses that reflect the needs of victims. Builds strategic alliances with allied organizations.
· Demonstrates the ability to advocate for survivors and the greater DV/SA “movement.”
· Ability to successfully navigate and balance competing interests and varying priorities within collaborations in a highly political environment.
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION
Continues to build SAFE’s reputation as the leading voice for the cause and increase awareness of core services and programs. Effectively communicates with SAFE’s Leadership Team of Program Directors, interfaces with external agencies and utilizes media to achieve the goals and missions of the organization. Protects and strengthens SAFE’s mission by deepening and refining all aspects of communications, from web presence to external relations.
· Proven leadership and relationship management experience.
· Experienced and inspiring public speaker and media spokesperson.
· Strong, open and direct style of verbal and written communication.
· Demonstrates critical and logical thinking skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
· Communicates promptly and effectively with multiple stakeholders and within different cultures.
· Experience leading a complex organization.
· Strong commitment to marketing and public relations in support of SAFE’s vision and goals.
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Oversees all programs, services, activities, finances, strategic plans and personnel decisions to ensure core program objectives and the mission are met. Works closely with staff to develop, implement and evaluate core programs and services. Provides sound fiscal management and grants administration. Develops materials and regular reports for the Board of Trustees, leads the preparation of the annual budget for Board approval and works closely with the Board Chair to enhance the participation of Board members through strategic leveraging of member strengths.
· Senior non-profit management experience of more than 10 years, preferably at the director level.
· Experience leading organizations through periods of transition and managing personnel at multiple locations.
· Demonstrates an ability to motivate staff and foster leadership and professional development among diverse staff members.
· Extensive experience managing multiple government grants, including demonstrated success at setting strategy, maintaining fiscal controls, completing deliverables and improving overall performance and accountability.
· Past success working with a Board of Trustees.
Oversees the expansion and diversification of financial support from individuals, foundations, corporations and the public sector. Develops, implements and evaluates development plans to include major donors, annual giving, planned giving and investments for the organization. Seeks additional opportunities for government grants, foundation grants and corporate initiatives. Maintains relationships with public and private sector funders and identifies and builds relationships with potential funders.
· Substantial fundraising experience including donor cultivation, implementing planned giving campaigns and soliciting major gifts from individuals and organizations.
· Successful history of leading and managing fundraising efforts and campaigns that generate significant dollar amounts.
· Experience raising unrestricted funds for programs/projects that do not provide direct services for individuals.
· Understands how to effectively balance the needs of funders with the needs and capacity of the organization.
· Experience building a reserve/endowment fund.
· Compensation is $70,000 firm at per year due to budgetary restrictions. Benefits package includes medical, life and disability insurance, vacation, voluntary dental and vision and sick leave.
· Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required. Substantial experience in non-profit management and/or DV/SA or social justice advocacy is preferred.
· SAFE in Hunterdon is an equal opportunity employer.
· More information on SAFE in Hunterdon is available at www.safeinhunterdon.org
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
Please send cover letter (including salary history), resume and three references.
Send application materials via Monster.com or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include “Executive Director Job Search” in the subject heading
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS.
CANDIDATES WHO CALL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.