Get new similar jobs by email for
Responsible for front office clinic duties, up to and including, check in, check out, phone reception, scheduling and any other general office duties required.
1. Maintains full-time presence at the front desk.
2. Registers all new patients at time of check-in and enters data in computer system.
3. Insures all established patients have updated and accurate demographic information.
4. Updates and maintains computer system with all patient information changes.
5. Requests co-pay and coinsurance from patients at time of arrival.
6. Provide support for all in-coming calls to the clinic.
7. Communicates the arrival of patients to the clinical area.
8. Prepares charts/paperwork for next day’s patients.
9. Supports the check out process of the clinic. Calculates and totals charge amount; collects co-pays and deductibles, informs patient of the charge for services.
10. Supports the scheduling process of the clinic.
11. Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least one year of clinical experience in a front office role.
3. Fluently speak, read, and write English.
4. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
5. Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
8. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal range.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.