Get new similar jobs by email for
Family Resource Development Sp...
MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Family Resource Development Specialist – Foster / Adoption / Licensing
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based agency committed to serving the needs of children, youth and families to make a lasting difference in their lives. We are seeking a compassionate FRD Specialist to join our team. This position will work out of our Joplin, Missouri office.
FRD Specialists carry a caseload of foster families. Primary responsibilities include:
· Preparing home studies resulting in a professional document which accurately describes the ability of the family to care for children/youth who have experienced abuse/neglect
· Conducting Foster/Adoptive Parent training and Relative/Kinship training resulting in participants who are properly informed about special needs children and who have a beginning knowledge of how to care for them
· Licensing and licensing maintenance
· Working towards permanency through private foster and/or adoptive work.
· Effectively managing administrative responsibilities
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based organization and the person in this position must share our focus. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
· Master of Social Work OR Master’s Degree in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Drug or Alcohol Rehab/Counseling with 2 years of experience in protective social services, family preservation or case management; or, undergraduate degree in the same degree fields with 3 years of experience the above areas.
· Demonstrable excellent relationship-building skills
· STARS Train the Trainer highly desired
· Demonstrable excellent writing and organizational skills.
· Demonstrable public speaking skills with the ability to effectively connect with audiences during training and foster parent recruitment events
· Ability to travel across counties to meet with families
· Occasionally work evening and some weekends to attend in-service training, conduct foster/adoptive training and to complete assessments on prospective foster/adoptive parents.
· Ability to be flexible in work hours in order to attend to client crisis situations as they arise.
· Participation in in-person supervisory conferences at least quarterly (either team meeting or individual meeting)
We offer a competitive salary and very attractive employer paid benefits including health and dental, life and disability, an excellent paid retirement plan, and vacation, holidays and sick days. Voluntary vision care and short term disability are also available.