Get new similar jobs by email for
Family Strengthening Counselor
At Children's Harbor, our mission is to provide therapeutic services to children and families in crisis, a safe and nurturing environment for children in foster care, and advocacy within the child welfare system.
We are currently seeking qualified Family Intervention Counselors. This position provides in-home counseling to families where the child or children are at-risk of removal. Main goal is for family to maintain the child in the home while ensuring immediate protection of the child. Counselor shall also provide parent education training using the Nurturing Skills curriculum.. We have full-time and part-time positions available.
1. Provide initial assessment of children, family and significant others, as needed to complete a psychosocial assessment and to develop a viable treatment plan.
2. Provide individual and family counseling with respect to the treatment plan developed for each individual and/or family member.
3. Provide interventions to help prevent abuse and neglect of children, including the Nurturing Skills curriculum. Provide other duties related to client care, including case management services where needed.
4. Provide pre- and post-assessments for each family served.
5. Install progress notes in the chart within 48 hours after an activity occurs. Be in the office at least every other day.
6. Provide crisis intervention for family members as needed. Counselors must be available (by cell phone) 24 hours, 7 days a week for this purpose.
7. Maintain and document on-going contact and consultation with referral sources for each client, starting at time of assignment and through service provision, until case closure.
8. Provide accurate case presentations for each client during individual supervision, and consultation with staff from outside agencies involved with cases as needed.
9. Maintain client files, keeping them up-to-date and adhering to all mandatory due dates (releases, psychosocial assessment, treatment plan, treatment plan review, etc.)
10. Submit advanced and corrected schedules to Family Strengthening Supervisor on a weekly basis, indicating daily start and end times, accurate planned and completed face-to-face visits, as well as daily tasks and time in office. Also submit service verification logs, updated client lists, accurate weekly billing sheets and progress note copies.
11. Attend and present (on a rotating basis) at in-service trainings.
12. Attend unit meetings and scheduled individual/group supervision sessions.
13. Provide court testimony regarding clients when necessary.
14. Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) tasks as assigned, and attend all CQI meetings.
15. Help prepare for and attend a minimum of two agency (2) events per year
16 . Promote a culturally competent workplace regarding employees and clients.
The preceding list is not inclusive. This employee may be required to perform other duties as requested by her/his supervisor, the Director of Outpatient Services, or the President/CEO.
Part-time, fee for service, Mon-Fri (with some flexibility for weekend hours).
Monday morning required; minimum 3 evenings/week required
Knowledge of conducting assessments and treatment planning required.
Strong Communication and documentation skills.
Reliable transportation required.
Self-motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude.
Spanish or Criole speaking preferably
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in a human service related field and at least two years of experience providing direct service to children, youth, or families.
A Master’s Degree in a human service related field and at least one year of experience providing direct service to children, youth, or families.
***Note that all Family Intervention Counselors are to maintain their personal automobiles insurance at a minimum of $100,000 for bodily injury insurance per claim, and $300,000 per incident.
Children's Harbor is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No Phone calls please!!!