Field Service Technician:
inoLECT has a need for a Field Service Technician that can work in a progressive power engineering company. The successful candidate should have excellent work ethic, be willing to follow standards and procedures, and require little supervision. Here is some of the job duties required for this position:
Client with service center located in the Baton Rouge area has an immediate opening for a Sr. Field Service Technician. Company is looking for experience in areas of electrical equipment testing, inspection, maintenance & repairs associated with electrical power systems with voltage ratings of 480 volts up to 230kV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commissioning, testing, repairing and preventive maintenance of power distribution equipment.
2. Instrument transformer tests, power transformer testing, automatic transformer switch troubleshooting, generator testing,
3. Knowledgeable of the following: -LV/MV -sub stations and switchgear -LV/MV Circuit Breakers -Transformers -Switchgear/Breakers -Relays (Electromechanical and Micro-processor based)
4. Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature.
1. Should be familiar with all electrical testing methodology and test equipment.
2. Should be able to maintain test equipment, calibration items, etc.
3. Must be well versed in electrical theory.
4. Must have or quickly be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
5. Must be self-motivated and able to work with and/or lead a team of engineers and technicians.
6. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as determined by customer demands.
7. Completes and submits reports covering all job activity.
8. Must be willing to travel 25%-50% of the time.
inoLECT is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, veteran status or genetic information. inoLECT is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. inoLECT offers an excellent work environment and competitive salary and benefits package.