TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time field technician to join our E-ZPass system maintenance team in Cheswick, PA.
Performs on-site servicing, repair and/or installation of electronic toll collection equipment installed throughout the western region of the Turnpike. This job may include any aspect of field support including: troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment, systems, and wiring; installation of equipment; upgrades, modifications, programming; preventive maintenance actions; documentation. Service area consists of all toll plazas along the Turnpike mainline (New Stanton to AKH Expressway, New Stanton to Beaver Expressway). Work hours consist of an alternating schedule on a rotating basis with other technicians to ensure 24/7 availability for system support, including night and weekend shifts as necessary (differential pay available). A company vehicle is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of toll collection equipment to include in-lane load cells, loop detectors, lane controllers (servers & PC hardware), automatic multi-mode machines, power supplies, video surveillance equipment, network components (routers, switches, cabling)
· Completes reports, logs and performs shift-to-shift communications in accordance with established policies, procedures and local practices.
· Responds to corrective maintenance requests or alarms within an acceptable time frame
· Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues
· Reports technical status of system with accuracy and completeness.
· Maintenance of spare equipment and parts including inventory management.
· Module or PC Board swap out
· Isolation of faults in units or components
· Field test of units or components
· Electronic filing of work orders
Required Skills and Experience:
· High School or GED minimum, Certificate program or Associates in electronics/electrical engineering preferred
· Prior working experience in electronics maintenance or field repair a plus
· Solid soldering skills
· Fundamental electrical/mechanical knowledge
· Ability to diagnose system problems using a volt meter
· Ability to bend, squat, crawl, reach and maneuver in tight spaces both underground and above ground via bucket truck
· Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds occasionally
· Good writing, communication, mechanical, and computer skills
· Must maintain PA drivers license in good standing as verified by TransCore
· Driving record must be free of DUI/DWI for three-year period prior to employment
TransCore’s expertise includes systems integration, design consulting, operations, maintenance, manufacturing, RFID and satellite communications technologies, and extensive Web-based logistics and transportation management systems.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore is proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.